Job Description Position: Managing Director, Family Office Platform
Location: Las Vegas, NV
CORE Advisory Partners LLC (“CORE”) and its affiliate Sahara Investment Group LLC (“Sahara”) have three business verticals:
- CORE acts as an outsourced CFO and Portfolio Management team for several best of breed mid-sized family offices and real estate development / investment companies
- Additionally, CORE raises capital for real estate projects ranging from opportunistic ground up construction to the upstream refinancing and recapitalization of stabilized assets. CORE is a licensed commercial mortgage broker with in Nevada, Hawaii, Utah, Idaho and California is pending approval
- Sahara Investment Group is a fund manager which raised its first fund in 1Q 2022 and is currently deploying capital through Sahara Investment Fund I, LP, a real estate debt fund focused on lending in Nevada. The company has and will continue to deploy capital outside of its fund in select opportunities
Opportunity of Focus – Family Office Platform:
CORE has been approached by multiple high net worth families in the Las Vegas area in an advisory capacity to help them structure, sustain growth, and transfer their wealth to future generations. CORE will act as a liaison between lawyers, trustees, wealth managers, and other external advisors while providing direct advisement for the family office. In addition, CORE will be tasked with guiding the family through the initial structuring of their family office, operational strategy, family governance and education, providing oversight and guidance of the family assets, and advising on direct investment strategies. As a liaison with third parties, our goal is to assess the family’s current relationships and if necessary, connect our clients with the appropriate lawyers, accountants, and advisors that will work with us in achieving our clients’ mission. Our goal is to build multi-generational relationships with our clients’ families and family office teams to understand and cultivate the family’s definition of success.
We are looking for candidates that are natural self-starters, hungry for knowledge, and committed to achieving their goals. Being reliable, organized, and able to manage a demanding workload is expected and will complement the creative, strategic, and resourceful aptitude required for this role. Our company culture rewards motivated individuals willing to do what it takes to assist in a variety of roles across all three business verticals.
The Managing Director’s primary focus will be to lead the management of CORE’s Family Office Management Platform. The successful candidate sought is a high impact professional, who thrives in a team environment, and will be motivated by the mission and values of both the family and the Company. While having a technical understanding of the subject matter for the position is important, the cultural fit is the critical factor in identifying the right candidate. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with sophisticated families and to help them extend their reach and effect change through their personal investments, philanthropy, and activism efforts. Day-to-day responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
- Develop and oversee the management and strategic development of each family office
- Develop and implement the family office strategic investment and operational plan
- Advisement of all family assets, including investment accounts, properties, trusts and other interests
- Establish and maintain a financial and operating environment that is focused on ethical standards and the family’s core values
- Oversee preparation of financial statements, tax returns, and periodic portfolio reports
- Liaise with the lawyers, trustees, accountants, real estate brokers and other external advisors effecting family-directed strategies and initiatives and charged with family office tax and accounting reporting
- Oversight of activism and philanthropic strategies directed by the family
This position is full time. Applicants must meet the following Key Qualifications.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines
- Excellent organizational, quantitative, and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives and real estate owners
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills towards direct subordinates
- Indisputable record of integrity and demonstrated commitment to the environment
- High degree of attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in being flexible and resourceful within a complex and lean environment.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information
- Personable with a positive attitude with desire to learn and grow, both professionally and personally
Education Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience. J.D. or MBA is a plus, but not required. Computer skills, intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, and Word. Expertise in Argus and Microsoft Excel.
We are highly motivated to hire “A” players and will compensate top of market for top of market talent.